Thursday, January 8, 2009

Some Great News!

I got a phone call yesterday from a Lisa Smith, who has created an extremely spiritual and beautiful song. She is working with Michael Mclean and has been asked by Michael to redo the lyrics of her song to have a perspective from someone who has come into the church and to use his/her story to work with what she has! So Lisa was praying and was inspired to ask me to share my story. I found this interesting and thought the timing couldn't be any better, considering I opened up to the world and shared my story just a few days ago on this very blog. She said that she read my blog and KNEW that I was the one she should ask to help with her song. She brought me the CD last night and it was such a beautiful song and I hope that we can accomplish Lisa and Michael's expectations of her song, with that of MY STORY! I will be able to help Lisa touch lives with her song and my very own story! WOW! I have also submitted my story to the Ensign magazine. I know that others' testimonies and personal stories have helped me so much and I just hope and pray that this song will touch lives and find those individuals who are seeking for more, for hope, for the TRUTH!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats! This is the best way to touch lives! Music has a spirit of its own!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome Jess! I can't wait to hear it! Thanks for sharing. You are such a neat person. I'm so glad that I can get to know you through your blogs, since we don't get to see you guys that often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess, that is so awesome! Michael Mclain is our favorite church song writer! I have always been so touched by his songs! I am so excited that you are getting to work with making the lyrics for his song. Amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jess, I think it is wonderful that Lisa has called you to inquire about your story for some inspiration for her song. Lisa is a very spiritally gifted and talented songwriter/composer and I love her very much! Neat lady! I have had the pleasure of working with her on a few of her creations and have even preformed this song for her as well and love it. I like Michael as well. I was with her when she had the oppertunity to visit with him and he gave her ideas about her song. I just want to make it clear that Michael didn't write lyrics or compose the music for this in anyway... not his... (I know that you may know that but your readers may not) Yep, I love her to much for Michael to get any undeserved credit... lol! I can't wait to see how Lisa will intertwine your story into a already beautiful and testimonial song. ~Nona

    ReplyDelete