Saturday, January 10, 2009

Christmas Broadcast and Goals

Ever since the Christmas broadcast, Thomas S. Monson's words have been running through my head, especially as I begin to look at my goals for this year! A significant goal of mine this year is to rededicate myself to my faith and my family! In this broadcast, President Monson encourages all of us to have more than just a DESIRE in our hearts to make room for the Savior.
  • "Today, many enjoy homes with rooms for eating, sleeping, playing, sewing and TV, "but no room for Christ," he said. While many desire to make room in their hearts for the Savior, "no matter how successful we have been thus far. ... I am confident we would all wish to do better."

So now as an addition to my goal, as President Monson has encouraged all of us, I will make a "CONSCIOUS, COMMITTED effort to bring Christ into my home and life."

President Monson has a great message in this broadcast. He speaks of the Bethlehem innkeeper and how he probably regretted not making room for Christ the night of his birth, especially learning that it was the SAVIOR that was born. President Monson reminds us that "as we do serve [Christ], we will not forfeit our opportunity, as did the innkeeper of old — to make time for him in our lives and room for him in our hearts."

Let us not have any regrets. Let us remember daily, to "seek to follow the babe born in his stable," allowing more room for Christ, as well as emulating "his light, his love and his care for others." Thus the message of the Christmas broadcast.

You can read more about it here: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,705268915,00.html?pg=1

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this reminder! I really appreciate your posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess I always enjoy reading your posts! I love that you have started this blog! Even as I study the teaching of our church there are always things that I miss!! I love others perspectives and being able be reminded of things in a way that have touched others lives!! Thanks your blog is truely inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete