Thursday, April 12, 2012

All Merciful.

One of my favorite quotes after reading through this month's General Conference addresses for my church, was this quote by Elder Holland:

"Surely the thing God enjoys most about being God is the thrill of being merciful - especially to those who don't expect it and especially to those who feel they don't deserve it."

This is surely where the atonement plays into our lives. We all depend upon that forgiveness and that comfort which makes us feel whole again. It's so very relieving that we have such a merciful God whom helps us to acknowledge our eternal potential and the importance of it.

To have been the recipient of God's mercy, on more occasions that I dare try to count... all the while not expecting it, nor feeling like I deserve it, has truly made me want to dig deeper and find a way to be better and more deserving of His love and goodness.

What a great quote.

No comments:

Post a Comment