Sunday, February 8, 2009

I Came to the Earth as Part of a Family: talk by Wesley Bowman

I love Sundays. As a family, we choose to focus primarily on keeping the Sabbath Day Holy. This can be done by laying aside the things of the world, and seeking for the things of a better (D&C 25:10). Ever since January, our Sabbath Day now begins bright and early because our Sacrament Mtg. starts at 9 AM. We usually cause a tornado in our home... consisting of church clothes, Pajamas, toys, cereal bowls, sheets, hair products, curling irons, hair dryer, toothbrushes, etc... (it REALLY can get out of control). Well we made it to church at about 10 after 9AM today... not to bad, right? Despite the hustle and bustle that always takes place, we know as soon as we walk through those church doors, that we are in fact where we need to be.

Sunday Family GOALS: Learn. Share. Grow. Testify. (SLEEP). Serve. Read. Sing. Teach. Love.

The JOY that Aaron & I felt today, on this particular Sunday was beautiful! I love the Primary Program in our church. Wesley has just left the nursery and is now a reverent SUNBEAM. He even got chosen to be an example of Reverence today in Singing time. As he stood in front of a room full of leaders and other children, he folded his arms and gently closed his eyes. He was then informed by a leader that he didn't have to close his eyes. LOL. The fact that he felt like closing his eyes to show reverence really impressed Aaron and I. What a sweet and tender moment that was for us.

Wesley really loves Primary and here are two of his favorite songs: (you may download these)


1. Jesus wants me for a sunbeam,To shine for him each day;In ev’ry way try to please him,At home, at school, at play.
2. Jesus wants me to be lovingAnd kind to all I see,Showing how pleasant and happyHis little one can be.

Chorus: A sunbeam, a sunbeam,Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.A sunbeam, a sunbeam,I’ll be a sunbeam for him.

2- I am a Child of God:

1. I am a child of God,And he has sent me here,Has given me an earthly homeWith parents kind and dear.
2. I am a child of God,And so my needs are great;Help me to understand his wordsBefore it grows too late.
3. I am a child of God.Rich blessings are in store;If I but learn to do his will,I’ll live with him once more.
4. I am a child of God.His promises are sure;Celestial glory shall be mine If I can but endure.

Chorus: Lead me, guide me, walk beside me,Help me find the way.Teach me all that I must do To live with him someday.

Last week, Wesley was asked to give a talk in Primary: I came to Earth as part of a Family. He wanted Mommy to help him decide what to say. Now these talks are suppose to be short. Before Wesley climbed up to the stand to give his talk, he had told me that he was sooo excited. He wore a giant smile and delivered his talk like a champ! I whispered the words into his ear & he spoke them into the microphone so that he could share his talk with the rest of the children in Primary. These are the words that he chose to share:

"Heavenly Father loves me and he gave me a Family that loves me. I love my Mommy, my Daddy, and my little Sister! We have so much fun together! Having a Family makes me so Happy! In the Name of Jesus Christ. Amen."

Beautiful. There was a women, sitting next to Aaron, who was another child's Grandma. She was so touched by Wesley's simple testimony of families that she began to tear up.

I am so grateful to have the knowledge of Heavenly Father's Plan. It is an amazing opportunity for me.... to be able to teach my children about the gospel and the love of the Savior, Jesus Christ. Wesley was so proud of himself today and I believe that he knows, without a doubt that FAMILY is central to Heavenly Father's plan. GOOD JOB WESLEY! YOU do have a wonderful family, that LOVES you, that CHERISHES you, that would do absolutely ANYTHING for you! I hope that as you grow older and especially on days where it seems as if you don't have anything or anyone at all, that you remember the L-O-V-E of your FAMILY and the L-O-V-E of your SAVIOR.

Our Family Sealing: January 3rd, 2006

Idaho Falls Temple

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION REGARDING THE IMPORTANCE OF FAMILIES:

The Family: A Proclamation to the World

http://www.lds.org/library/display/0,4945,161-1-11-1,00.html

1 comment:

  1. That talk by your son gave is so sweet. My daughter has just graduated from nursery and is now a sunbeam and absolutely loves it. She has to give a talk about coming to earth as part of a family the last sunday of the month and I am so excited for her. I googled the topic and ran across your blog and find it so inspiring! Thank you for your testimony and your wonderful views of the church. Thank you for your uplifting message today its exctly what I needed.

    ReplyDelete